Sunday, April 22, 2007

Carpe diem and dodgy showers

From the moment I received the diagnosis, I knew I was going to fight to make the best of every second, every moment I had left to me. On the Friday night I got the news, I was moved from a general ward in Letterkenny Hospital over to Oncology. Terry, my wife, had gone home broken-hearted and with the awful responsibility of trying to interact normally with our son. And, although the staff and the unit were excellent, I felt myself crumble a bit. So, to make myself feel better, I decided to unpack my bag, organise my stuff and have a shower, rather than just pull the duvet over my head. So I went in to the bathroom and stripped. Make the most of every second, I told myself, every nano-second, every second that's even nano-ier than a nano-second. I went to turn on the shower. There was a sign on the wall. It said:
"Let the water run for 5 minutes before using."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home