Monday, May 28, 2007

In and out like a fiddler's elbow...

I spoke too soon.
Got home on Wed night, felt a bit ropey. Come Thurs morning temperature was up above the dreaded 38c mark, so that was me back into the hospital for until last night. Things seemed to stabilise pretty quickly and, actually, I feel better then when they let me out before.
Watched TV on the ward on Saturday night: Channel 4's 50 Movies To See Before You Die. See, if anybody ahould be compiling those lists, it should be me. It reminds me of an old story about Vietnam. The Vietnemese used to dig this really complex tunnels so the Americans had these guys, nicknamed tunnel rats, whose jod was to go down these things in the dark with a flashlight and a handgun. So, one day, the squad is sitting around listening to the radio and they hear Pres. Johnson's speech about the war where he says he has seen the light at the end of the tunnel.
The Tunnel rat grunts: "What the **** does that guy know about tunnels?" he asks in disgust.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MattM76 said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better...

May 29, 2007 at 2:01 AM  
Blogger Charles Edward Frith said...

I watched that last Friday too. Brilliant program and I felt kind of stupid that there were a good bunch that I hadn't seen.

May 31, 2007 at 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home