Sunday, April 29, 2007

I'm tired tonight...

...so I'll cheat with a quotation from Richard Holloway's great book, Looking into the Distance.


When the map of our life is complete, and we die in the richness of our own history, some among the living will miss us for a while, but the earth will go on without us. Its day is longer than hours, though we now know that it too will die. Our brief finitude is but a beautiful spark in the vast darkness of space. So we should live the fleeting day with passion and, when the night comes, depart from it with grace

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim F said...

Came here, redirected from the Rocking Vicar. All I want to say is, I feel humble in your presence. Rage against the dying of the light.

April 30, 2007 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Thanks, Tim, but please don't be humbled. I'm just a guy who got some bad news. I can be selfish, stupid, moany-mouthed - in fact, I intend to be! Since I got the news, some kind of - for want of a better word - grace seemed to come over me. But I didn't earn it and who knows what the future will bring. If you want to praise somebody, praise yourself for taking the trouble to come here and leave some kind words.
See you back here soon.

April 30, 2007 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Found you - the investigative journo in me hasn't completely disappeared! I know you're transmitting into the ether here but I feel as if you are talking just to me - in Nick's with me guzzling the wine, Jamie and you philosophically running rings round me ….and each other - and that's rather nice! So will keep 'checking out’ the blog to keep up to date with things and will be up soon to see you - just name the day! xx Jacqui.

May 1, 2007 at 3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home