Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Chemo and a little Readers' Digest moment

Yep, hospital yesterday and, even though my bloods were a bit iffy, they decided to go ahead. Felt okay afterwards. The whole chemo thing is weird because it a) definitely won't cure the bugger b)it might even make me feel worse in the long term. Still, I kinda see it as my only revenge. I'm not a computer-games guy, I mean, how many geeky habits can one man find room for? - but I like to visualise myself as one of those macho Starship Troopers blazing away at the buggers with a huge screw-you ray gun.
So, to the Readers' Digest moment. Last week my blood sugar soared so I have to take this diabetes test, where they prick your finger and the reading comes up on a little digital display? So, the nurse keeps doing this, tutting, then trying it again. Finally she says "I don't know why it's doing this..." and shows me the readout.
"Expired," it says.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger MattM76 said...

That's priceless...

May 3, 2007 at 2:51 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hello Brian, just found you via Tim's blog, Cultural Snow, in case you're keeping track of these things. I'll be reading.

May 3, 2007 at 6:04 AM  
Blogger Charles Edward Frith said...

Yes, I just stumbled across this blog too and now I'm thinking a lot. So I'm around, and I guess I'll be thinking some more and be around some more.

May 3, 2007 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home