Monday, June 25, 2007

The weekend - good in spots

Sorry, I couldn't resist it as the promised acne-like spots have begun to appear. I look like Edward James Olmos.
Actually, it was a spotty weekend in other ways, too, being our 19th wedding anniversary. My wife found it very hard; again, there's this thing about casting your mind forward to next year. The number 19 seems kinda mocking, too. It's like it's saying, Ha, didn't make it to 20, did ya? Well, we'll see. The fight's not over yet.
On the work front, the BBC have contacted me to do the VO for a forthcoming fly-on-the-wall series, so that'll be good.
Still have that big news waiting in reserve but I don't want to say too much at present in case it all comes to nothing.
So keep checking in.

4 Comments:

Blogger MattM76 said...

Congratulations on the BBC job!

I'll be checking in to see what the 'big news' may be.

June 26, 2007 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hi Matt,
Good to hear from you. Actually, I've been mulling over one of my pseudo philosphical posts - self-consciousness, a blessing or a curse? - so I was thinking I'll need Matt's input on that. The BBC job probably sounds sexier than it is:- just over a grand for 4 programmes. Still, everything helps. Good to know you're still reading

June 26, 2007 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Russell Bittner said...

Brian,

Sorry I'm just now getting to this after having received your 17 June email (addressed to Steve Cohen and the rest of us of "Next Stop Hollywood" heaven).

Perhaps a fitting little gift that "The Good Kid" should've come out when it did. Great little story! Well done!

Let's hope the doctors got it all wrong, and that you'll live long enough to write a Dickensian opus or five.

Russell (Bittner)
Brooklyn, New York, USA

June 27, 2007 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger MattM76 said...

Hey Brian, I do check in at least once every few days.

I'm sure you don't need my humble input on your prose - just post it. I'm sure it'll create a good discussion.

June 29, 2007 at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home